Link building is an ongoing process. It’s not something you can do once and forget about it. You have to continue building links, especially if you want to keep your rankings high on search engines. Link building has been around for many years now and it can be very difficult at times. That’s why we’re going to take a look at how you can effectively approach blogs while also giving them what they need in order to get a link from them!
Set a Strategy
- Define Your Goals
Before you start researching blogs to outreach to, it’s important that you define your goals and set a timeline for achieving them. For example, if one of your goals is to rank on the first page of Google for a specific keyword phrase, then it will be easier for you if the blog already ranks highly in search engines because they have an established audience and high authority (which means they are more likely to link back to your website). You can also use this step as an opportunity to identify competitors’ content strategies so that when it comes time for link building campaigns or content creation efforts later on down the line, there won’t be any surprises or missed opportunities during the process.
Go For Relevant Links
You should always try to find a blog that is relevant to your content. If you have written an article about SEO, then it would be best to approach blogs that have written about SEO in the past. You should also look at how many readers they get (you can do this by looking at their Alexa ranking). The more readers they have and the more they write on similar topics, the better chance you have of getting a link from them.
So don’t just go for any old blog–find one that has already written about similar topics before and has an audience similar to yours!
Use the Right Tools
- A good tool will help you find relevant blogs and their contact details.
- A good tool will help you track the progress of your outreach efforts.
- A good tool will measure the impact of your outreach efforts, so that you can see whether it’s working or not.
Link building is an ongoing process.
Link building is an ongoing process, so you should always be looking for ways to improve your outreach strategy.
- Always be looking at the content on your site and asking yourself if it’s up-to-date, relevant, interesting and valuable. If not, update it!
- Look at other sites in your niche and see how they are engaging with their readers/viewers/listeners – what types of comments do they receive? How often do they post new articles? What kind of interaction does their social media page have (i.e., comments vs shares)? The more you learn about competitors’ strategies the better equipped you will be when creating content on our own website which will help us stand out from the crowd in terms of quality versus quantity when reaching out via email outreach campaigns or guest posting opportunities.*
Link building is an ongoing process. It’s not something that you can do once and forget about it forever. You need to constantly keep up with new opportunities, as well as maintain the relationships you have built over time. As we mentioned earlier, there are many different ways to approach this type of outreach: some will work better than others depending on your business goals & audience demographics.