Losing a driver’s license is disheartening. You would have been sad thinking about all the paperwork you would have done to get your driver’s license. But sometimes mishaps happen and you cannot control it. You do not need to worry if you have lost your driving License because you can soon get a duplicate one. You can apply in the same RTO again that issued you your previous Driving license. You can apply for a duplicate Driving License either through an online mode or an offline mode. Visit this site to read more.
What to do if you lose your driving license?
As soon as you realize that you have lost your driving license, you must do the following:
- Immediately go to the nearest police station or the police station in your jurisdiction area or the area where your drivers’ license has been lost.
- Lodge a complaint or First Information Report (FIR).
- Make sure that you get a copy of the same.
- Go to the Notary office to get an affidavit on a stamped paper. This affidavit is taken to have a proof that you took an oath in front of the concerned officer who can be anyone either an executive magistrate or a public notary or even a first class judicial magistrate that you have lost your license.
- Pay the fees for the service of the notary and for the stamped paper.
Now that you are done with filing a police complaint, you will have to re-apply for the driving license or a duplicate driving license.
How to apply for a duplicate driving license?
The process of applying for the duplicate driving license is quite easy. To get a duplicate driving license, you must fill in the LLD form to notify the licensing authority that you have lost your license and now you need a duplicate one.
LLD form will need the following information:
- Full name and address of the applicant
- Reason of applying for a duplicate driving license
- Driving license number
- Class of motor vehicle
- Name of driving license holder and licensing authority
- Expiry date of the license.
- Signature of the applicant with place and date
- Specimen signature.
You will also have to arrange for the following documents along with the LLD form and submit the same in your RTO to get Duplicate driving license:
- A copy of FIR or NCR of the license
- Attested photocopies of the original driving license
- Details of the Driving License
- Few passport sized photographs
- The proof of Address
- The proof of age
To apply the Duplicate Driving License Online you should:
- Fill the LLD form online.
- Submit the same.
- Upload all the required documents.
- Take out a printout of the filled form LLD.
- Attach the photographs wherever asked and sign the printed form.
- Handover this form at the RTO office.
- Submit all the above mentioned documents along.
- After this process, the duplicate driving license will arrive at your home address via speed post.
- The RTO also gives you are receipt for